Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Brutal Tuesday Outing, Aftermath: Part 1

(Photos by Paul Birman...more flicks and words on Brooklyn Vegan)


Holy shit last night's show at the Union Pool was retarded!  All three bands brought their own monstrous brand of aggro to the table and did nothing but rip.

Wetnurse
What a fuckin' opening to the night, can't wait to hear those new songs with vocals (real melodic, yet noisy as all Hell...I dunno how...but they do it, really fucking well).  I see bright things on the horizon for this next LP.  Absolutely murdered it.


Landmine Marathon
As an act following Wetnurse, I can imagine it being hard to hang with their full-on detonation of a set...well, hang they most certainly did.  The crowd ate the Landmine brutality up and so started the pit action (which Grace even got in on).  I was nothing short of blown away, as expected.


Salome
A handful of us went in without knowledge...now we've been thoroughly schooled (shit, I was kinda schooled once I caught a second of the soundcheck).  Missed the first song, then came in to realize such a HUGE sound was coming from a 3-piece (female vocals, guitar, and drums)...my mind was no more.  I couldn't stop exchanging the "ugly face" with Gene across the sea of shaking heads in the crowd.  Crustified (sonically), down-tuned than a muhfucka, sludge with special-efx (imagine a slower Dystopia sans outerspace-dream-sequence guitar...but without being droney - DOPE).

Merch table raids were in full effect, though I can say my wallet only allowed for a long-awaiting attack on Landmine's offerings.  Two tees, a CD and 7" later... 
(plus I already have all the Wetnurse goodness)

Huge shouts to PTP's Jimmy D and Bvllshark's Mike-G (plus crew) for joining in on the destruction...best under-$15 show I've been to in a WHILE.

The vibe was correct...from exchanges with band members to fellow audience members, the whole situation was love.  Exactly what going to shows is about.

There will be some PTP exclusive footage from various moments, although my camera was buggin' during Wetnurse's set...kept turning off mid-recording (the giant noise of the Nurse was oh-too powerful for the bitchy little iFLIP - thanks Apple)...so I only crept away with the second half of "Conversations With The Moon".  Regardless...I will be posting up video tidbits in Part II...so you already know.

For now...enjoy some footy, already on the 'tube...
"NYC" by Wetnurse...featuring a guest appearance by my finger and tip-toe yell:



The tail-end of Landmine Marathon's set (see your boy go from tired to exhausted...heads were bulldozin' and dancin' the shit out of the circle prior to it becoming a total human slingshot shitstorm - either version is done simply when this band is on, or so I found out):


And Salome...Salome...Sa-looooooooooooooooooooooome (!!!!!!!):


Bonus LM (it was announced that they have a new video):

Landmine Marathon - Shadows Fed To Tyrants

No comments:

Post a Comment