Thursday, April 8, 2010

NERVOUS THURSDAYS: "Soft Like Tiger Woods"

...never that.

Anyways...this shit is remains mega hard. I shouldn't have to sell you on why Common is dead nice. If you had not heard Common (Sense) until the whole Badu period, I can understand perhaps getting thrown off due to the Muslim spaceship hippie steez he was on...and I'm sorry. Honestly, you missed a boatload of classic material...the 3 albums that helped solidify things not only for him, but for Chicago as a city to pay attention to (at that moment, and from a NYC perspective, the only other cat putting in that much work as an MC was Twista...and No I.D. as a producer...at least).

"Hungry" (Produced by NO I.D.)

And as a sidenote for you youngins...as a producer, No I.D. is the father to your Kanye...as well as the guy behind Jay-Z's "Death Of Autotune".

No comments:

Post a Comment