Tuesday, April 20, 2010

BRUTAL TUESDAY: Stoned Masters

Nothing says "get stoned" better than the viscose sonic downpour that is Black Sabbath. If you have never experienced the combination of A-1 traumage and the pummeling audio skullpress of the Sludge/Doom/Stoner metal gods, than you, my friend, are missing a piece of the puzzle.

Today's a perfect day to fill that void...and do it to this.

"Sweet Leaf"

Yeah...same song...just the demo version. Lyrically, the demo is nowhere near as focused as the final product...but I just can't get over how apparent the drums are on this joint. Sounds like an 80's era Rick Rubin produced/recorded this (especially think of Danzig I to understand what I'm saying). I can listen to alternate takes of early Sabbath all day.

"Sweet Leaf" (Demo Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment